[Inkscape-devel] ClipboardManagerImpl::getFirstObjectID restricted to very few object types
Jabier Arraiza
2017-06-25 18:37:24 UTC
Hi Michael:

On Sun, 2017-06-25 at 12:30 +0200, Michael Soegtrop via Inkscape-devel
Dear Inkscape Team,
I try to make my bool LPE work with any objects, not just paths. I
got
around most issues (like getting a PathVector from an SPItem), but I
am
SPCurve *c = NULL;
c = shape_origin->getCurve();
if (c) {
Geom::PathVector c_pv = c->get_pathvector();
}

Also you can get the "d" attribute from repr and parse it
ClipboardManagerImpl::getFirstObjectID which is used by
OriginalItemParam. It is restricted to very few object types
(g,path,use,text,image,rect). Since the clipboard is used to set the
operand path of the LPE, it is restricted to these types.
Is there a good reason for this restriction or is this a bug / non
feature? What would be an appropriate SVG tag list?
This function seems to be used only in very few places, so I guess it
wouldn't do a lot of harm to fix it? Would there be a better
implementation than checking for a list of literal SVG types?
Btw.: Is the LPE parameter type OriginalItemParam / ItemParam
operational or is this beta code I shouldn't use?
Not sure if I undertand but getFirstObjectID need to get from any type
item you have on clipboard not a reduced list
Best regards,
Michael
Jabier Arraiza
2017-06-25 18:39:04 UTC
I think is better retain first function and add a item switch for text

On Sun, 2017-06-25 at 13:44 +0200, Michael Soegtrop via Inkscape-devel
Dear Inkscape Team,
I solved the issue with getFirstObjectID by replacing it with
getShapeOrTextObjectId in ItemParam::on_link_button_click(). This
works
as expected. I think ClipboardManagerImpl::getFirstObjectID should be
removed. It is only used in one other place (ObjectSet::relink()) and
likely doesn't do much good there either.
Best regards,
Michael
Jabier Arraiza
2017-06-26 11:07:49 UTC
Is not constrained by the type of element.
Dear Jabier,
Post by Jabier Arraiza
I think is better retain first function and add a item switch for text
What would be the advantage of using